We saw lots of new games at this year’s E3 digital event. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope was also revealed in this event and it looks brilliant. An Italian website received the chance to chat with Davide Soliani, the Creative Director of Ubisoft Milan, and Associate Producer at Ubisoft, Cristina Nava, about this new game. Even while the release date for this game is still unknown, both Ubisoft employees shared a little information about what fans can expect from the sequel to the successful Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.
Here’s some key points from the interviews:
- The team composition doesn’t have any limits this time around, you can go for all rabbids team or all mushroom kingdom team if you so chose (this was said to be one of multiple fan demands/suggestions the team took very seriously).
- The player seemingly has no limit of movement within the movement range.
- The development team and general scope of the project as stated previously has grown considerably, the previous game was handled by Ubisoft Milan and Paris with a team of just over 100 devs, this time around other Ubisoft subsidiaries are involved and the team is three times as big.
- You have access to the free camera.
- The exploration element is less linear, but the game is not going to be an Open World game.