Ubisoft announced that Watch Dogs: Legion will be free to play between 25th and 29th of March. The game will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 game consoles and the Ubisoft Store and Epic Games Store on Windows PC. Also, the game is available for pre-load today.
Every game character in the near-future London will be available to play for free this week in both single-player and multi-player game modes. Many open world events can be played, such as playing darts at local pubs and participating in bare-knuckle fights and half of the eight towns, especially the City of London and Islington & Hackney, will be available for exploration/discovery. Besides that, players will be able to play the game story until the Skye Larsen mission.
After their free experience in Watch Dogs: Legion, players will be able to purchase the game and the season pass at a discount on selected platforms if they want to continue the game:
- Xbox: From today until 15th April, 50% discount will be available on the Standard & Ultimate editions.
- PlayStation: From 24th March to 31st March, there will be 50% discount on Standard & Ultimate editions and 25% on season pass.
- Ubisoft Store on Windows PC: From 24th March to 9th April, there will be %50 discount on Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions and 25% on season pass.
- Epic Games Store on Windows PC: From 25th March to 8th April, there will be 50% discount on Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions and 25% on season pass.
- Stadia: From 25th March to 29th March, there will be 50% discount on Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions and 25% on season pass.
You can find all details about the free trial week
from at https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/watch-dogs/legion/news-updates/1VHqUt5zcoSIcIkVCoIWF5/watch-dogs-legion-free-trial-weekend
In addition, Ubisoft detailed the free post-launch content for all Watch Dogs: Legion players and the content available to season pass owners in single-player and multi-player modes.
The post-launch content available to Watch Dogs: Legion players include:
- The Leader of Pack, which was released on 23rd March and is the first tactical op of the game, can be played in the multi-player mode. This game pack requires teamwork and efficiency.
- Towards the end of May, players will be able to access two new PvP modes called Extraction and Invasion. Alongside these game modes, a new tactical op called Project Omni will also take place in online mode.
For season pass owners:
- The character named Mina, who can control people’s minds and is the subject of superhuman experiments, will be available with a new mission in late April.
- At the end of June, Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline will be released. Along with Bloodline, a new story featuring Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 will be fully playable in the single-player campaign and multi-player game modes.
- Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order from the Assassin’s Creed game, will also be a playable character with new missions in August.
London faces a collapse in Watch Dogs: Legion. Amongst the growing anarchy of a restless London, an unknown entity called Zero-Day has framed secret underground resistance DedSec for organized bombings across the capital. Afterwards, criminal opportunists in many corners of London filled the void left by a defeated government. As a member of DedSec, players will have to be prepared for a variety of challenges, including criminal opportunists, sadists, cybercriminals and mercenaries in Watch Dogs: Legion. Players must recruit new members into the DedSec resistance to fight these criminal opportunists, liberate London again and uncover Zero-Day’s identity.